10 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
If you want to stay strong and healthy all year long, nothing is better than giving the body a little extra love
Here you have my top 10 best tips to boost your immune system and to help your body stay clean and healthy.
Even if you do end up catching a cold, these suggestions will help speed up your recovery.
1. Exercise: Movement can support your detox organs, keep your lymph moving, and give a natural boost to a weak immune system.
2. Go Outside: We need fresh air and the UVB-rays from the sun to build a proper stock of vitamin-D. If you're not spending time in the sun, consider taking a Vitamin D supplement.
Moreover. Buildings have less ventilation than the outdoors, providing viruses the ideal conditions to hop from one host to another.
3. Sleep: The greatest tool for stress reduction that can boost the immune system is sleep. Optimize your sleep and commit to at least 7-8 hours a night.
4. Reduce Alcohol: Be mindful of alcohol consumption. Too much dehydrates your body and depresses your immune system, making it easier to get sick.
5. Wash Your Hands: Wash your hands with hot water, especially after shopping, spending time in public transportation, using your computer or phone, and before making food.
6. Eat Probiotics: Taking probiotics helps our bodies usher out toxins we encounter from our food and water. Additionally, they help modulate your immune system and fight sickness-causing invaders.
7. Enzymes: Often, a weak immune system is triggered by undigested food particles. Digestive enzymes help us digest the foods we eat by improving our nutrient assimilation and supporting our immune function. Take enzymes with meals, especially if they are fatty or restaurant food.
8. Protein: Having a strong immune system requires a well-balanced diet containing proper amounts of all essential macronutrients -- including protein. Since your immune system is made up of proteins and relies on new protein synthesis to function, it’s no surprise that getting too little protein in your diet can weaken your immune system. Good protein sources: eggs, fish, meat, organic soy products, soaked nuts, seeds and beans, and clean protein powders.
9. Eat Fruits, Berries and Veggies: Plant phytonutrients help to relieve stress, reduce inflammation, and revive a weak immune system.
10. Cut Irritating Foods: Gluten, dairy, sugar, and alcohol are the most common foods that cause irritation, sensitivities, and allergies. Be intentional about when you eat these foods and swap in clean, whole foods as much as possible.
All information in this blog is strictly for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical advice. The statements made in this blog have not been evaluated by The Danish Health Authority. The products linked to in this blog and any information published in this blog are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information provided by this blog is not a substitute for a face to-face consultation with your physician, and should not be construed as medical advice. The entire contents of this blog are based upon the opinions of Hanne Robinson. By reading and using this blog, you agree to only use this publication for personal informational use and not as a substitute for medical or other professional advice.