Golden Milk - For the Runny Noses, the Sore Joint and the Tired Brain
For the runny noses, sore joints and the tired brain - tastes like BUTTERSCHOTCH
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
If you’re looking for a simple and delicious way to enhance your mind-body health, then this beautiful golden drink could be the solution. It’s a powerful nectar of lauric acid, turmeric, cinnamon, raw honey and ginger.
the FIVE Healing ingredients:
Recent scientific studies shows that turmeric:
- Protects the liver
- Helps reduce elevated blood cholesterol levels.
- In the treatment of arthritis, it can reduce pain and stiffness.
- Can prevent or inhibit the development of certain cancer cells.
- Has a soothing effect on the digestive system and
- Can help reduce the risk of ulcers due to stress or medication.
- As a natural antibiotic agent, turmeric can inhibit the growth of bacteria, yeast, and viruses.
One of the primary active ingredients in turmeric is curcumin, as researchers have found, the body does not easily absorb curcumin. Curcumin is fat soluble, so I needs to be ingested with some good fats like coconut oil - and also a chemical known as piperine in black pepper can increase the amount of curcumin your body can absorb.
2. Raw Honey
Raw honey contains up to 80 different substances important to human nutrition. Besides glucose and fructose, honey contains: All of the B-complex, A, C, D, E, and K, minerals and trace elements: magnesium, sulfur, phosphorus, iron, calcium, chlorine, potassium, iodine, sodium, copper, and manganese. The live enzyme content of honey is one of the highest of all foods. Honey also contains hormones, and antimicrobial and antibacterial factors.
Raw honey has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties. It promotes body and digestive health, is a powerful antioxidant, strengthens the immune system, eliminates allergies, and is an excellent remedy for skin wounds and all types of infections.
Raw honey's benefits don't stop there. Raw honey can also stabilize blood pressure, balance sugar levels, relieve pain, calm nerves, and it has been used to treat ulcers. Raw honey is also an expectorant and anti-inflammatory and has been known to effectively treat respiratory conditions such as bronchitis and asthma.
Note that pasteurised honey loses all the above benefits in the heating process and is as bad for your body as refined sugar.
Lauric acid is found in abundance in human breast milk and converts to a substance called monolaurin in the body. Monolaurin has been shown to be useful in increasing immunity and fighting viruses and disease.
Lauric acid in coconut oil in combination with oregano oil has even been found more effective in fighting the staph bacteria than antibiotics. Lauric acid has also been shown to be preventative against some cancers.
Coconut Oil is over 40% lauric acid, the richest source naturally available.
Anti-inflammatory properties, can soothe nausea and pain.
Coconut Milk Recipe
- 4 cups of water
- 1.5-2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Heat water, but don't boil. It should be hot, but not scalding.
- Put coconut in blender or Vitamix and add water. (If all water won't fit, you can add the water in two batches.)
- Blend on high for several minutes until thick and creamy.
- Pour through a mesh colander first to get most of the coconut out, and then squeeze through a towel or several thicknesses of cheesecloth to get remaining pieces of coconut out.
If you have to split the water, put all the coconut that you strained out back in the blender, add the remaining water, and repeat.
Drink immediately or store in the fridge.
Should be used in 2-3 days
Golden Milk Recipe:
- 3 cups of homemade coconut milk (or buy bpa free here)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon (organic genuine if you can get it)
- Pinch of black pepper
- 3/4 inch fresh, peeled ginger root (chopped or grated)
- 1 teaspoon Coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Blend the first six ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Add in the honey