Fermented Tomato Salsa
- 1.5 lbs. of red tomatoes
- 0.22 lbs. of cabbage
- 0.16 lbs. of chillies
- 0.05 lbs. of onions
- 0.05 lbs of Fresh Cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 TBSP sea salt or celtic salt
Half gallon size mason jar, knife, kitchen scales, mixing bowl, blender / food processor
- Chop tomatoes, chillies, onion and cilantro and mince garlic. If you have a food processor, you could definitely use it to speed up this step!
- Toss all ingredients into large bowl
- Add the juice of the lemon and lime
- Add salt and spices to taste
- Add whey and stir well to incorporate.
- Pour into mason jar and cap tightly.
- Leave on the counter for approximately 2 days.
- Transfer to fridge or cold storage