Beetroot / Avocado Spread
This beetroot spread will make your heart sing and your teeth red for a moment. It’s creamy, it’s sweet, and it’s spicy. It adds a little something to your bread, meat or bland food.
It's a lovey side dish to almost anything. I love it on my almond bread.
Note that beets and root veggies are not technically part of the keto diet, but if you’re going to cheat then this is a lovely way to do it.
- ½ cup (1 dl) cashews, soaked 4 hours
- 1 avocado
- 4 raw beetroots / 2 ½ cup (5 dl) grated
- 1 lemon zest+juice (use organic – to avoid the nasty stuff that’s sprayed on conventional fruits)
- 1 tbsp. mustard (Dijon)
Step by step
- Wash, peel and grate the raw beetroots.
- Wash and zest the lemon.
- Add all ingredients in a food processor or use a hand blender to process
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add some more mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper if needed.
- Eat immediately or store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.