The Best Keto Bread
Home made Keto bread - Recipe
So delicious in taste and texture - it does taste of eggs though. Also lovely toasted and with a slice of cheese on it.
The secret is the fluffy egg whites in unison with the high dosage of baking powder that do a good job of getting this bread nice and adding some air pockets into the it.
- 1 ½ cup (3,5 dl) Almond flour
- 6 Large eggs (separated)
- 4 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 2 Eggs (divided)
- 3,5 tsp. Baking powder (divided)
- 1/4 tsp.1 pinch salt.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C /375 °F
- Separate the yolks and the whites.
- Add ½ tsp. baking powder to the egg whites, and beat until stiff.
- Mix the almond flour and the rest of the baking powder.
- Mix all the ingredients except the egg whites.
- Use the dough hooks on your hand mixer or a food processor to stir the together.
- Stir until the dough is completely uniform.
- Add the egg whites.
- Gently process until the whites are fully incorporated.
- Pour the dough into a bagel mold.
- Bake immediately for 30 minutes until the bread is firm and golden.
I’ve added a little extra to my almond bread recipe lately. I use psyllium seeds now, as it adds the strength and elasticity that gluten lends to a dough. I also add a little grated cheese (I use goat), because it gives it pizza like crust.
Ingredients: 1 tbsp. psyllium seeds dissolved in ¼ cup dl water, 6 eggs separated, 1 ½ cup almond flour, 3½ tsp. baking soda, 3 tbsp. butter, ½ cup grated cheese, a pinch salt. Bake for approx. 30 min. 190°C /375°F preheated oven.