Super Scrumptious Keto Bagels
Home made Keto Bagels - Recipe
These keto bagels are bouncy and so tasteful that you can eat them plain.
The secret is the fluffy egg whites in unison with the high dosage of baking powder and the psyllium husk powder that do a good job of getting these bagels nice and adding some air pockets into the rolls.
And the cheese makes it a fathead dough and adds great taste and chewiness.
- 1 ½ cup (3,5 dl)Almond flour
- 1 tbsp. Gluten-free baking powder (divided)
- 1 tbsp. Psyllium husk powder (optional)
- ¼ cup (½ dl ) Water (optional)
- 2 ½ cup (6 dl) Firm cheese (shredded) – I use goat cheese.
- 2 oz. (½ dl) Cream cheese – I use goat cheese
- 2 Eggs (divided)
- Sesame seeds (for topping - optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. (205 C.)
- Soak the husk powder in the water. Set aside to gel.
- Separate the yolks and the whites.
- Add ½ tsp. baking powder to the egg whites, and beat until stiff.
- Mix the almond flour and the rest of the baking powder.
- Combine the shredded mozzarella and cubed cream cheese in a bowl.
- Heat the cheeses in a double broiler on the stove over low heat, stirring frequently, until completely melted and easy to stir.
- Mix all the ingredients except the egg whites.
- Use the dough hooks on your hand mixer or a food processor to stir the together.
- Stir until the dough is completely uniform.
- Add the egg whites.
- Gently process until the whites are fully incorporated.
- Pour the dough into a bagel mold.
- Bake immediately for 15-20 minutes until the bagels are firm and golden.