How to Make Whipped Body Butter for Smooth and Glowing Skin
Body butter is not something you can find in the dairy display case in the local supermarket. Cause it’s a 100% natural fat nourishment whipped up for the body, derived from the beans and nuts that grow where the rays of the sun are strongest, and where the skin needs the most care.
Mother Nature bestowed many gifts upon mankind -- and she didn't leave out skin-care ingredients among her wonderful gifts. Butter from shea, cocoa, mango and coconut are rich nourishing oils that deliver deep nourishment, protection and moisture to your skin. It’s skin luxury with no additives.
I more or less only use own homemade body butter as a moisturizer. I massage it into the body skin and on the hands just right after my shower or whenever I need my skin to feel hydrated and happy. It’s very rich and lasts long too.
It is also great for baby skin, eczema, sunburns.
It’s easy to make your own batch of this light and soft cream that gently melts on the skin – or you can buy one from me here.
The combination of shea and cocoa butter with two nourishing oils makes a highly moisturizing combination, but whipping the mix helps it go on smoothly without being oily.
Besides coconut oil one kind of butter will do in the recipe, it just need to be at least half of the substance. I prefer to keep it as pure as possible and always buy unrefined and organic butters.
- 1 cup (2 dl) medium hard oils like Shea Butter or Mango Butter - or a mix of both.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 dl) Cocoa Butter
- 1/4 cup (1/2 dl) Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup (1 dl) fluid oil (like peach kernel, kukui or olive)
- Optional: 90-140 drops of essential oils of choice.
My mixture: 68 drops of peppermint, 30 drops rose geranium and 43 drops rosemary.
Body Butter Instructions:
- Melt the butters and coconut oil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat as soon as - and preferably a little BEFORE the oil mixture is fully melted.
- Pour mixture into a glass or porcelain bowl.
- Add the cold fluid oil and essential oils.
- Cool in refrigerator for 3 hrs.
- Use a hand mixer to whip for 5-10 minutes until fluffy.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag or in a freezing bag in which you cut a small hole in the bottom corner.
- Press the mixture into a container with a screw cap.
- Store in temperature below 23 °C / 75 °F (otherwise it melts)
I am a major user of these oils, so I buy them in buckets of 1 kg every time cause they have a very long shelf life. I always buy unrefined, virgin and organic when possible.