How to Make Soothing Lip Balm
The best lip balm
This lip balm protects, nourishes and helps keeping your lips soft and moist summer and winter. It's a rich natural balm that promptly penetrates the skin where it emollients, soothes and aids in healing.
Shea butter, cocoa butter, jojoba and vitamin E is a super-food cocktail that provides the skin with all the essential fatty acids and nutrients that are necessary for optimal collagen production, moisture, care and healing.
About the ingredients
- Shea butter: Reduces inflammation, moisturizes, soothes and heals
- Jojoba oil: Easily absorbed into the skin, moisturizes and heals
- Cocoa butter: Helps ease dermatitis or rashes, may also inhibit the growth of cancerous cells and tumors.
- Vitamin-E: Antioxidant, which increase the elasticity of the skin, and helps in neutralizing the harmful free radicals
- Neroli: Tones and heals the skin. Has a relaxing effect and helps you to stay present.
- 60 g / 2 oz. Shea Butter
- 15 g / 0.5 oz. Jojoba oil
- 8 g / 0.3 oz. Cocoa Butter
- 2 g / 0.08 oz. Vitamin E
- 2 g / 0.08 oz. beeswax
- Optional: 10-13 drops of essential oils of choice.
My choice: 10 drops of neroli.
LIP BALM Instructions:
- Melt the shea butter over a double boiler 50-60°C /122-140 °F
- Remove from heat when the butter is fully melted.
- Melt the rest of the ingredients over a medium heat.
- Mix with the shea butter.
- Add essential oils.
- Pour the mixture into a container with a screw cap.
- Cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Use a hand mixer to whip for 5-10 minutes until fluffy.
I am a major user of these oils, so I buy them in buckets of 1 kg every time cause they have a very long shelf life. I always buy unrefined, virgin and organic when possible.